Linking Image and Title in NextGen Flex Slider Template
In this tutorial we will show you how you can set up and enable linking of sliders in NextGen Flex Slider Template. First of all, you need to install a NextGen Custom Fields plugin
1. Sign in to your WordPress admin panel and browse to Plugins->Add New
2. Write “nextgen custom fields” in the search box and press “Search Plugins” button
3. You will see “NextGen Custom Fields” plugin, most probably first plugin. Click “Install Now”
4. Once it is installed, Click “Activate Plugin”
5. Now, you will notice a new link “NCG Custom Fields” in the left menu. Click on it
6. On new page, Click on “Image Custom Fields”
7. Choose field display name to be “image_link” or “Image Link” both should work. Check your slider’s gallery then Press “Create Field” button
8. Now, browse to “Gallery->Manage Gallery” (i.e. NextGen Gallery Listing page).
9. Click on the gallery you specified for the slider.You should now see a new column in the images table. This is where you will set up the link for each image.
10. Now, final step is to enable the linking in Flex Slider Settings Page. Go to “Settings->NextGen Slider” and enable options beside “Linking Sliders” as shown below.
11. That’s it. Your slider’s title and/or image should now be click-able and open the URL you specified.